11 March, 2011

Scar face

You know those crazy women in the Guinness Book of World Records who have ridiculously long finger nails that hang to the ground?  That's my son.  He scratched the crap out of my cheek and chest yesterday, so last night I got a couple pairs of baby nail clippers from Target.  I'm still trying to muster up the courage to try it.  I'm deathly afraid of snipping off the tips of his fingers.  I could just wait for my sister Ali to get here.  She's a pro at it.  Her bff is a cosmetologist who frequently gives/gets manicures, but she can't clip her own baby's nails, so Ali does it for her.

We just got back from the pediatrician!  Big Boy Welt is 8 lbs. 10 oz.  and going strong.  We are taking him off the high calorie formula, so he will stop gaining so fast.  He's in the 75th percentile for preemies, which is pretty exciting.  I noticed a few days ago that baby's tongue was connected, so we had the pediatrician clip it.  Welton cried for a minute or two, but has been zonked out ever since.  I wanted it done now so that when he starts to try talking, he doesn't have two things working against him (tongue and the vocal cord).

We are setting up a time next week to do an overnight sat test to see if we can come off the oxygen and monitor.  I must say, it will be nice to walk to the other room with the baby and not have to haul around a huge oxygen tank.

March 7th was his due date, so I guess he's officially 5 days old now :)  He's doing a lot of things that he's not supposed to do for a few more months.  When I'm running on more than 2 hours of sleep, I'll let you know what those things are.  My brain is shutting down.

beep boops balhbbity beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep 000000.  reeeeeeeehgulubglubeeeeeeeeek.  Done.

2 comments:

  1. 2 hours of sleep! Holy Crap girly how are you surviving! What can I do to help you get a bit more rest??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always nervous to clip Quinn's nails when he was so little, and someone told me just to bite them. Sounds creepy and gross, but it worked and isn't nearly as scary when their tiny! My sister-in-law accidentally clipped her daughter's finger when she was just a few months old. She said it was the worst day ever! Good luck, and good luck on sleeping!

    ReplyDelete