13 October, 2011

There IS an Arizona!!!

I'm a horrible blogger, but I find that to be the only way I can be a half decent mother and wife. 

I'm sure you're all (but you all I of course mean my mother, because I'm fairly confident she's the only one who reads this) tired of my excuses and apologies for not updating as often as you'd like, and I make no promises to change.  I will, however, try my best to do better.

Now that we're past that, I do know that those of you (mom) who do read this really only care about hearing about and seeing my amazingly beautiful child so I won't bother talking about  my boring self.

Welton is almost 11 months old, and he just passed his 7 months corrected milestone.  He is shooting par for physical and developmental goals, doing everything he should by 7 months.  He won't roll from his back to his tummy though, because he hates being on his tummy.  This poses a problem when it comes to crawling, but we are told that it's not a huge concern right now.  He is sitting like a champ, and goes most of the day without toppling over.  When he does though, it's super sad because with the helmet on, it hurts his little head.  Oh, yeah, he got a helmet about 2 months ago and will probably be wearing it for another month or 2.  I have no idea how much he weighs, but when we go in for his 1 year check up, I will be sure to share all his stats. 

He still sleeps through the night (he started that 2 weeks after we got home from the hospital), but he has started waking up randomly and playing for a few minutes and then goes back to sleep.  He takes 2 or 3 naps a day and is eating like a champ (evident by his large stature).  His favorites are apples with cinnamon and green beans.  There are no teeth to speak of, but he gnaws on everything he can get a hold of, so I'm sure they will be coming soon.  He has the funniest laugh.  It's not a giggle, but sounds more like a screech owl.  And it's hilarious.  He is a chatterbox, and makes at least one new sound every day.  Under his helmet he has a thick mop of shiny black hair and it's growing like a weed.  He smiles pretty much all day, and makes my heart happy.  Everyone who meets him comments on his good nature and adorable dimples.

We are loving being back in Arizona, and I swear I will write more later.  I'm tired.  Pictures will be uploaded once I get them on my computer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment